The images above show the second set of paper experiments- i have incorporated grey thread into this fold- and also increased the size of the paper this paper is A2 so much bigger than the first. The paper i used here was not successful it was too thick causing it to crack when folded in a certain way- the folds were also quite messy- they weren’t as defined as the other piece. I’m glad that this happened as i has made me consider the paper i will be using for the next set. i thought card would be better and more sturdy but from these experiments it is clear that paper is much more agile and holds itself well.
I have also incorporated the grey thread into this piece- i like the way it creates a gradient and looks as though a series of threads have been used when they are actually all the same colour. I want to now use what i have learned here to make more exciting pieces using more colour and pattern that spans beyond the same triangle shape i have used here and previously.